OG Kansas City
Obedience, Tracking, Schutzhund, HGH Herding
10:00 a.m. - Noon
1. All dogs must participate in and have a controllable level of obedience in order to participate. In order to conduct a productive training program and provide for the safety of handlers, helpers, and dogs, the following rules have been adopted by the membership of OG Kansas City and must be obeyed while attending OGKC activities.
2. It is the policy of this club that one (1) dog per person will be given priority over extra dogs. The training of extra dogs at any one session can be done only with the consent of the Training Director and must not interfere with the timely training of other dogs. Extra dogs (and non-member dogs) may be trained last in the session.
3. Extra dogs owned by club members that are under six (6) months may be tied out during training session, or brought to session for socialization, provided that such action does not interfere with the training of other dogs. Puppies may be worked briefly by a helper with the consent of the Training Director. It is the policy of this club that one (1) dog per person will be given priority over extra dogs. The training of extra dogs at any session can be done with the consent of the TD and must not interfere with the timely training of others.
4. Prospective members and guests of members may attend any training session. They may not enter into training activities of the club except by the consent of the presiding officer or Training Director. Before participating in any of the training, non-members shall be required to register with the Secretary and pay the non-member training fee.
5. A member cannot participate in training sessions unless their membership dues are paid in full.
6. All persons who come to training or club events, must register with the secretary and sign a waiver.
7. All dogs brought to club must be current on vaccinations and healthy.
8. No one is to try to interact or try to feed another person's dog. Ask permission before interacting, or trying to feed someone else's dog.
9. You must relieve your dog in designated area. Pick up your dogs waste and deposit it in the correct location.
10. No one may enter into training activities of the club except by the consent of the presiding officer or TD.
11. The Training Director or his/her designee has complete control over the activities at the field.
12. All dogs must be crated or kept safely and securely in their vehicle until it is time for them to work, unless approved by the Training Director.
13. Dogs must be under the control of their handler at all times.
14. No one under the influence of alcohol or narcotics will be allowed on the protection field. There shall be no alcoholic beverages present at the training sessions.
15. Everyone is required to train in the Schutzhund tracking and obedience or will not be allowed to train in Schutzhund sport protection work. Failure to train in obedience and tracking will forfeit your right to train in protection.
16. Dogs practicing their long downs “off lead’ must be dependable around people and other dogs.
17. Individuals not directly engaged in “helper” work should not pick up equipment unless asked by the TD.
18. In the event of a dogfight, only the owners/handlers of the participating dogs or the TD are to intercede.
19. Extra dogs that are under six (6) months may be tied out during training sessions, or brought to session for socialization, provided that such action does not interfere with the training of other dogs. Puppies may be worked briefly by a helper with the consent of the Training Director.
20. When a sign-up board is maintained at the field, members should sign-in when they arrive. Dogs will be worked in this order as nearly as possible. It may be necessary to work dogs out of order to maintain an orderly training sequence. Training helpers have the option of training their dog at the start of the training, if they so desire.
21. Schutzhund trials are held in all kinds of weather. Training is usually held in all kinds of weather. If you have doubts as to whether training will be held, call the TD.
22. Training of dogs that are not owned by you or another club member, weather for profit or else, is not allowed.
These rules and regulations may be amended from time to time without notice due to other circumstances or need- Training Director has final say whether posted, printed or verbal.